11. Biblical God Demands Sacrifice of Animals, Vedic God Saves Dumb Animals
BIBLICAL GOD DEMANDS SACRIFICE OF ANIMALS, VEDIC GOD SAVES DUMB ANIMALS
1. BIBLICAL GOD DEMANDS SACRIFICE OF ANIMALS
(i) Biblical God demands sacrifice of cattle from Israel’s children through Moses
138. ‘1. And the Lord called unto Moses, and spake unto him out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,’
- Leviticus, 1/1
139. ‘2. Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, if any man of you bring an offering unto the Lord, ye shall bring your offering of the cattle, even of the herd, and of the flock.’
- Leviticus, 1/2
(ii) Sprinkling of bullock’s blood on the altar
140. ‘5. And he shall kill the bullock before the lord; and the priests, Aaron’s sons, shall bring the blood, and sprinkle the blood round about upon the altar that is by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.’
- Leviticus, 1/5
2. VEDIC GOD SAVES DUMB ANIMALS
Holy Vedas teach that souls of all men, birds, beasts and insects have the same divine lustre. None is devoid of celestial radiance. All men, birds and beasts originate from the same Supreme Being who is kind Father of all His children. If it is so, why to slay dumb animals, which are brothers and sisters of men ?
Man is so frail and feeble creature that he cannot grant life to any one. He who cannot give life, has no right to take it. The tongue-tied dumb animals, who are unfailing friends and faithful companions of man in weal and woe, are so ungratefully slaughtered by faithless flesh-eaters just to fill their stomach and by superstitious sacrificers to make an offering at the altar of God ! How can God, being Father of all creatures, wish the slaughter and sacrifice of His children ? He, who demands animal sacrifice, must not be real God !
Vedic God admonishes all men of the earth to love not only human beings, but also birds and beasts. To slay innocent dumb animals is the most heinous sin, which can never be pardoned under any circumstances.
Anaagaaohtyaa vaO BaImaa |
a Aqava-vaod 10o1o29
It is the greatest sin
To slay the innocent animals.
-Atharva Veda 10/1/29
‘The cow happens to be the archstone of Bharat’s economy.’
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya