5. Mercy by Vedic God, Massacre by Biblical God
MERCY BY YEDIC GOD, MASSACRE BY BIBLICAL GOD
1. MERCY BY VEDIC GOD
Pro. F. Max Muller states with firm conviction :
‘The Vedas, I feel convinced, will occupy scholars for centuries to come, and we take and maintain for ever, its position as the most ancient of books in the library of mankind.’
- Prof. F. Max Muller
Holy Vedas state that Supreme Being is benevolent Father of all. All beings of the universe irrespective of caste, colour and creed, enjoy the bliss of His unfathomable mercy and grace. He bestows bliss and showers mercy on sinners even
yaao maRLyaaita caÚuYao icadagaao vayaM syaama var]Nao Anaagaa: |
Anau va`taanyaidtaoP-Qantaao yaUyaM paata svaistaiBa: sada na: ||
a Pgvaod 7o87o7
Providence showers mercy
On the most heinous sinners even
May we be sinless
Before Merciful God !
And endeavour to rise high
By following the universal laws
Of the Eternal Almighty.
- Rig Veda 7/87/7
According to Holy Vedas, Creator of the cosmos is benign Father of all creatures. Father never harms his children. He may scold his children but never destroys them. God Almighty, being beneficent Father of all His children, never hurts and harms them. He is ocean of mercy which is showered on all equally and impartially. He pours His benign bliss, bounty and benediction on all beings. It is His grace, greatness, grandeur and glory.
yaeD:ga daSauYao tvamagnao Bad`M kxirYyaisa |
a Pgvaod 1o1o6
Oh Loving Lord
It is Thy divine grace and glory
Grandeur and truthfulness
That Thou bestowest
Thy bliss and benediction
On Thy devotees.
- Rig Veda 1/1/6
2. MASSACRE BY BIBLICAL GOD
(i) Biblical God massacred all first-born babies
At midnight God killed all the first-born babies, both human and animal, in the land of Egypt.
20. ‘29. And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.’
- Exodus , 12/29
Colin Maine, the renowned Welsh writer (now settled in Australia), states fearlessly :
_’If we examine the Bible-both Old and New Testaments-we find that the Bible god is more of a sadistic monster than a god of love. If he were to appear on earth as a human being, he would most likely be incarcerated in a mental hospital as a dangerous psychopath.’_43
- Colin Maine
James Anthony Foude opines :
_’I will not, I must not believe that the all just, all merciful, all good (Christian) God can be such a Being as I find Him there (in the Bible) described.’_44
- James Anthony Foude
(ii) Biblical God killed the Jews by sending ‘fiery serpents’
21. ‘6. And the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.’
- Numbers, 21/6
What was their offence ? They spoke against the Lord and against Moses.
(iii) Biblical God got the Jews swallowed alive by the earth
22. ‘32. And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them (the Jews) up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Ko’rah, and all their goods.’
- Numbers, 16/32
23. ‘33. They (the Jews), and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them ; and they perished from among the congregation.’
- Numbers, 16/33
What was their offence ? Because they gathered themselves and spoke against Moses and Aaron.
(iv) Biblical God burnt alive 250 Jews
Biblical God burnt alive 250 Jews in fire because of their only fault that they offered incense.
24. ‘35. And there came out a fire from the Lord, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men (of Israel) that offered incense.’
- Numbers, 16/35
(v) Biblical God threatens to kill children of Jews by wild beasts
25. ‘22. I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.’
- Leviticus, 26/22
(vi) Biblical God killed 70,000 Jews by pestilence
26. ‘14. So the Lord sent pestilence upon Israel; and them fell of Israel seventy thousand men.’
- I Chronicles, 21/14
(vii) Biblical God killed 50,070 men for looking into His box
27. ‘19. And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark (box) of the Lord, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men ; and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.’
- I Samuel, 6/19
‘In the service no distinction should be made between man and man. We have to serve all, be he a Christian or a Muslim, or a human being of any other persuasion; for calamities, distress and misfortunes make no such distinction but afflict all alike. And in serving to relieve the sufferings of man, let it not be in a spirit of condescension or mere compassion, but in the true spirit of our dharma of surrendering our all in the humble service of Lord who abides in the hearts of all beings.’
- Gururji M.S. Golwalkar
Footnotes: 43 Colin Maine : ‘The Bible, What It Says’, reprinted by Voice of India, New Delhi, 1985, p. 6
44 N.S. Rajaram : ‘Christianity’s Collapsing Empire and Its Designs in India’, New Delhi. 1999, p. 15